My SketchFab page shows 3D models with some interesting situations involving polyhedra. The first model shows the expansion of the edges of the pentagonal dodecahedron, a subject that I have included in this webpage.
For the first video on the subject of symmetry, a grasshopper definition meant to explain rotational symmetry with the pentagonal dodecahedron.
My doctoral thesis “Aplicações Didácticas sobre Poliedros para o Ensino da Geometria” (Didactic Applications on Polyhedra for the Teaching of Geometry) is available online in this link.
The webpage concerning the convex semiregular polyhedra includes tutorials meant to show how to model:
- the truncated tetrahedron from the regular tetrahedron;
- the truncated cube from the cube;
- the truncated octahedron from the regular octahedron;
- the truncated octahedron from the cube.
- (more coming soon)
The webpage with tutorials on how to model the cuboctahedron and the icosidodecahedron is finished and may be found in the upper menu or here. Comments and suggestions are always welcomed.
The Conference of the International Society for the Interdisciplinary Study of Symmetry, focusing on “Symmetry, Structure, and Information” is scheduled as a Contributing Event to the IS4SI 2021, the annual Summit of the International Society for the Study of Information (IS4SI). This Summit will be held online between the 12th and the 19th of September, 2021.
The Call for Submissions of Abstracts is now open. Submissions can be sent until the until 1st of May 2021, to any of the members of the Organizing Committee listed below. More information is available here.
- Denes NAGY (President of the International Society for the Interdisciplinary Study of Symmetry) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Marcin J. SCHROEDER (Tohoku University, Japan) email@example.com
- Vera VIANA (Faculty of Architecture of the University of Porto,Portugal) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jean-Yves BÉZIAU (University of Brazil, Rio de Janeiro) email@example.com
- Ferenc FRIEDLER (Széchenyi István University, Győr, Hungary) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ted GORANSON (The Australian National University) email@example.com
- Ioannis VANDOULAKIS (Hellenic Open University,School of Humanities, Greece) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Takashi YOSHINO (Department of Mechanical Engineering, Toyo University) email@example.com
(updated in 09.02.2021)
Including all the subjects conceived for this site is an ongoing project that will take quite some time to accomplish, so I will detail below those which I consider to be complete (although any of them may be prone to changing):
- expanding | the edges of polyhedra:
- snubbing the cube onto the cuboctahedron (1 video)
- in 3D (1 video)
- exploring | theorems:
- Napoleon’s theorem (3 dynamic and step-by-step applets)
- exploring | plane curves:
- exploring | plane polygons:
- triangles (8 step-by-step constructions)
- quadrangles (7 step-by-step constructions)
- regular pentagon (5 step-by-step constructions)
- regular hexagon (4 step-by-step constructions)
I will include more links as soon as I finish them. Thank you for your understanding, and for your interest.
Há várias páginas e conteúdos do meu site em português que não estão, actualmente, acessíveis. O url veraviana.net direcciona-vos para o site que estou a construir mas, gradualmente, as páginas escritas em português voltarão a estar disponíveis. Consultem por favor esta página para saberem quais.
Os links para os livros geogebra com as contruções passo-a-passo e em movimento são os seguintes:
- construções interactivas
- construções de geometria plana (passo-a-apasso)
- exercícios de geometria descritiva (passo-a-passo)
muito obrigada pela compreensão.
this website is an ongoing project that will be updated, in the following months (and years), with contents and tutorials mostly concerning polyhedral geometry, a subject of a great personal interest to me, so much that I’ve been devoting myself to its study since 2007.
if you have any comments or suggestions to send me, you may comment any of the posts or reach me through any of my contacts.